Re: MP3 download confusion

  • From: "Ray Foret Jr." <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 10:01:36 -0500

you can't change it.  it depends on whether the site owner gives you access to
the .mp3 file itself; which, I gather from your description, it does not.
Here's what I think is happening.  The Winamp play list file is being used to
call up the actual .mp3 file.  In other words, the Winamp play list file,
(which is going to be either a .m3u or a .pls play list file) was written in
such a way that when ever it's called up by the visitor to the sight, it uses
information written in it about exactly where the actual .mp3 file is on the
server and calls it up.  But, all you have access to, in such a case as this,
is the play list file and not the actual file itself.  Therefore, it's not a
problem with your computer or Jaws; rather, it's determined by how ever the
site owner wants you to have access.  In some cases you may have access to the
mp3 file directly; but, in other cases, not.  HTH.

Sincerely yours,
The Constantly Barefooted,
Ray
Home phone and fax: