Re: Link/End Link Announcement in OE Editor

  • From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 08:49:17 -0000

Hi, what we really need is an option somewhere in configuration manager, perhaps in HTML options, to turn off those annoying "link ... end link" announcements. I'm astonished actually that FS put a feature in that we folks cannot customize. The option could also be made temporary in the adjust JAWS verbosity dialogue box. I've got another annoyance actually about JAWS 9. In previous versions, one could make a verbosity change in Outlook Express/Windows Mail and the setting would be applied permanently. In JAWS 9, however, this doesn't seem to be the case, as every time I start it I have to change the verbosity each time. Now that's annoying isn't it? By the way I'm using a demo copy of JAWS 9, but that shouldn't have anything to do with the annoyances we're talking about. Sorry for the ranting, but there you go.

Chris Hallsworth
BrailleNote mPower User