Laptop layout with JAWS

  • From: "Cindy Handel" <cindy425@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 07:30:13 -0500

Right now, I have JAWS 10 on my laptop.  I have it set to laptop layout for
the keyboard.  I've never been to successful in figuring out which keys to
use when trying to emulate the num pad on the laptop.  I know how to route
the JAWS cursor to PC, but trying to figure out which keys are equivalent to
the number pad keys has been kind of hit and miss.

My husband is taking my laptop with him, when he goes to The Seeing Eye.
I'd like to be able to help him learn how to use these keys, but can't
figure it out, adequately, myself.  Can someone please explain which letter
keys correspond to the num pad keys?

Thanks.

Cindy

"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then...find the way."
Abraham Lincoln