Re: Kindel ap

  • From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 20:31:29 -0500

I have been getting those messages about the Kindle apps from Amazon. for quite a while. I finally got tired of hearing about all of the thousands of books they said I could read with the Kindle apps, and I wrote to Kindle Support. I told them I could not read thousands of books with either the Kindle or the Kindle apps because they have not made the Kindle fully accessible to the blind, and the apps are not accessible with screen readers such as JAWS for Windows and Window-Eyes. I got a message back thanking me for my feedback.

Our best bet for more accessible books on the PC with our favorite screen readers is the free Blio eReader from KNFB Reading Technology. Hopefully, the PC version will be released this month with versions for other platforms to follow. A number of publishers will be furnishing books to the Blio Bookstore, some for free and some for purchase.

Gary King
w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marc Rocheleau" <marcrocheleau82@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010 7:23 AM
Subject: Kindel ap

Hi all,

I just got an e-mail from Amazon touting a kindel ap for the PC that
enables people to read kindel titles without needing the actual
reader. Two questions:

1) Does anyone know if this ap is accessible at all?
2) Does it and the kindel titles work outside the U.S. if so?

Thanks!

-Marc

--
“There is no shame in being who you are. There’s only shame in not
going down swinging to protect it”

Alternative archives located at: