Re: Jfw 5.0844 & combo boxes

  • From: "Steve Heidemann" <heidemann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:50:16 +1000

G'day Crystal,

I too use Windows 98SE and have had this problem with later versions of
Jaws.     My solution is to change my display settings from 800X600 High
Colour to the more basic 640X480 256 colour.

If you don't want to do this, I've also found that swapping between forms
and virtual cursor mode on each item selected in the combo box will
sometimes tell you what you have selected using Insert up arrow but this
method can be a pain!

Ironically, this problem occurs on a site I use to access our local talking
book library. It is supposed to have been designed for Jaws users.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Steve