Re: Jfw 10 and i e 8

  • From: "Robert Logue" <bobcat11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 01:58:13 -0600

I'm looking for that now.  It also annoys me when I get into the IE8 toolbars.
I thought jaws was supposed to wrap back to the top when you tabbed past the
last tabible element on a  page.

It really annoys me when tabbing around a page and Jaws gets confused, looses
the virtual cursor, and you end up in the toolbars again.

Wrap Navigation in HTML Options is turned on.  Also, Top And Bottom Edge -
Alert With Sound  inAdjust JAWS Options (Jawskey+v is also on.

Often it helps to turn Flash Movies Recognize - off
and
Page Refresh - Off . But, it still doesn't stop us from tabbing into the
address bar and those pesky toolbars.

Another annoying thing is that Jaws sometimes goes right to the last element on
a page instead of the first one when you press tab after landing on the page.
Then the next tab goes to the address bar.  I'm not sure when this started
being a problem with Jaws.  I know other screen readers do this so I suspect it
is a behaviour of Internet Explorer but I wish Jaws wouldn't do that.

Bob