RE: Jaws10 and Outlook 2003

  • From: <randy.eddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 09:57:29 -0400

Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:56 PM
To: jfw digest users
Subject: jfw Digest V6 #559

jfw Digest      Thu, 14 May 2009        Volume: 06  Issue: 559

In This Issue:
                RE: Jaws10 and Outlook 2003
                check boxes in word
                Re: place markers
                Re: Jaws10 and Outlook 2003
                Re: Jaws10 and Outlook 2003
                Disc Jockey Software with Jaws
                Re: Disc Jockey Software with Jaws
                Re: Vista Update

From: "Dan Kerstetter" <dhk55@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Jaws10 and Outlook 2003
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 13:30:51 -0400

Hi Carmen,

In your options under email preferences, there's a box to save messages in
the sent items box.   Make sure this is checked.

Good to see you on the list.  Hope this helps.

Dan

From: "Bissett, Tom" <tom.bissett@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 14:07:51 -0400
Subject: check boxes in word

Hi I am using jaws 10 xp pro and word 2003.
I have a word document with several check boxes.  Jaws does not seem to
recognize that there is a field there or the status of the checkbox.
In previous versions of jaws I could locate the check box and I could use the
properties to change the default to the check status I wanted.  with jaws 10 I
can't even locate the field.
Does any one have any experience with this?
Regards

------------------------------

From: "Negoslav Sabev" <negi4a@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: place markers
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 21:29:50 +0300

Yes, shift+ctrl+k is for placing permanent markers. In jaws 10 the keystroke
for placing is changed to ctrl+windows+k. Try this. If it still is a problem,
then I consider it jaws bug. It does sutch things with firefox.
The temporary markers are there till you close the page. You can also use
markers in localy saved html files.
In microsoft word you can use bookmarks. You can add one from the insert menu
or pressing ctrl+shift+f5. In other text editers as notepad, you can use the
method explained by Ann.
Negoslav

From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 11:48:07 -0700

Carmen,
Strange. But I wonder if you have more than one sent items folder? Do some more
looking. Should be a mailbox folder, with subfolders inbox, outbox, sent, read,
etc.

You might have another folder with a sent items branch that's not being used.

Dave

From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 11:52:33 -0700

Carmen,
Another suggestion. Hit enter on the sent items folder, then go to the view
menu and select current view. Make sure you have your current view is set the
way you would want.

Mine is set to "sent to" but you could also have it set to "messages".

The "messages" option sets them all to show you as the sender, so I use the
"sent to" choice, which shows to whom the messages were sent.

If you have "unread messages" checked, you'll probably see nothing in the list.

Dave

From: "Ann Marie Medlar" <amedlar1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Disc Jockey Software with Jaws
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 15:48:18 -0400

Hi all:
Any DJs out there using DJ software with Jaws?  If so please let me know what
software you use and how Jaws friendly?
Thanks,
Ann

------------------------------

From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Disc Jockey Software with Jaws
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 13:36:46 -0700

Hello Ann-Marie,
There's a list for music-related software with access for the blind, and one of
those guys could generate some suggestions. You sign up at

http://www.midimag.org/

Dave

From: "Caroline" <carolinecongdon@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Vista Update
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 15:55:06 -0500

You shouldn't run into any problems, depending on which version of JAWS
you're running. If you're running JAWS 8, it won't work with Vista service
pack 1. Otherwise it'll be fine.

Caroline