Re: Jaws with Audible.com?

  • From: "Mystical Charm" <hambleton79@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 17:51:36 -0500

When I first started using audible I couldn't really use the site with Internet
Explorer. I was using IE 6 at the time. I had to use Firefox. I was using
Windows 2000 and I was using ZoneAlarm as my fire wall and I think I was using
JAWS 8 or 9. When I used Firefox it was fine. I did have to call a few times to
audible to help me with downloading the software to download books and also to
help download some of the books. I have JAWS 10 now and Windows XP Pro and I
still use IE 6 and I have no problems navigating the site or downloading the
books. The only problem the player gives me is that I can not rewind. If I hit
the control key and the "R" key to rewind, nothing happens but, if I want to
rewind back to a section further back with control, shift and "R" it works fine
and the rest of the commands do just fine. I think it just depends what web
browser you have and the firewall and such...it's seems like it is picky.

Mel