Re: Jaws version/edition

  • From: "Nermin Hasic" <voy44@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 18:20:18 +0200

Hi to all,

when we speak about standard or pro, the only thing that differs is the authorisation applied.
To my knowledge, there never was a pro or standard version of JAWS.
There are two versions of JAWS available, where the one with the A as in Ansi is for users of Windows 98, which does not have unicode support.
The one with the U as in Unicode is for users of XP, 2000 and up.
This distinction was introduced in JAWS 6 I think, for languages using other font styles and alphabets such as Russian, greek or Arabic.

Both versions have the same functionality.

The only advantage of a pro license for JAWS is that one can use all the Windows XP or whatever system versions out there, without JAWS turning into a 40 minute demo.
JAWS standard will just work on Windows 95/98, millennium and XP home, where as the Pro license will authorise JAWS to additionally work on NT, 2000, XP pro and Media Center.

I hope to have cleared up the confusion a little.

Regards,
Nermin

___________________________________________________________ Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC: http://messenger.yahoo.de