Re: Jaws talking at random

  • From: "dave-d0619" <dave-d0619@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 19:07:16 -0500

It is very unlikely that JAWS will talk randomly at all.

JAWS will only appear to talk randomly because of events that have been
scheduled to take place at certain times or, you may have set the value for
a screen-saver to be activated after no activity has taken place, such as no
keyboard activity for 15 minutes.

AVG is a very good example of this.  In version 7, I used to have the
program check for updates between 6:00 PM and 7:59 PM.  JAWS spoke the text
of the window because the screen had been refreshed in order to display the
new window with its text.   So I would not hear JAWS speak the AVG update
information, I turned the volume down on my computer speakers.  I turned the
volume up again when I went back to use my computer.

Another example is when windows performs an automatic update check to see if
there are any new updates for your operating system.

Sincerely:
Dave Durber