Re: Jaws started speaking the word "clear"

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:48:57 -0800

Suggest contacting FS at 727 803-8600 or support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dave

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Pat L
  To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 09:40
  Subject: Jaws started speaking the word "clear"

  All,
  Does anybody know anything about a bug where Jaws speaks the word "Clear"
when opening a new window or cursoring down through a window of text?

  This started happening to me after installing Jaws 11  and connecting
remotely to a workstation using remote desktop. It appears to be a broad issue
since it has happened connecting to four different workstations/servers, all
running different versions of Jaws. If i revert to Jaws 10 on my (client-side)
home computer, the problem disappears; nor does it happen when I am using Jaws
locally; it only happens in a remote session.

  Even more bizarre... when I try to respond to a message in Outlook 2007 using
CTRL R, the email opens and Jaws speaks "clear" and immediately goes into the
"File Save As" dialog on the remote computer.

  Any ideas?

  Thanks in advance,
  Pat