Jaws started speaking the word "clear"

  • From: "Pat L" <PatWJL@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 11:40:59 -0600

All,
Does anybody know anything about a bug where Jaws speaks the word "Clear"
when opening a new window or cursoring down through a window of text?

This started happening to me after installing Jaws 11  and connecting
remotely to a workstation using remote desktop. It appears to be a broad
issue since it has happened connecting to four different
workstations/servers, all running different versions of Jaws. If i revert to
Jaws 10 on my (client-side) home computer, the problem disappears; nor does
it happen when I am using Jaws locally; it only happens in a remote session.

Even more bizarre... when I try to respond to a message in Outlook 2007
using CTRL R, the email opens and Jaws speaks "clear" and immediately goes
into the "File Save As" dialog on the remote computer.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Pat