Re: Jaws speech voice

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 11:32:56 -0700

Hi guys,

I don't think you'd call "phonetic" what you get by pressing num pad 5 (no
insert key needed; that would read the whole word the cursor's on) twice. So
far as I'm aware, it's just something like a military or nautical thing
where each letter is attached to a common word to make it clear in case of a
hazy radio signal or the like. Lima, India, kilo, echo, for instance.

that's a big 10-4, I say to myself, switching to CB mode. Breaker, breaker.
What's your 10-20?