Re: Jaws settings for copy/pasting email body into document.

  • From: "Don Moore" <donmoore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 19:22:33 -0400

Hi again Judy,

    I now see that they fixed this problem in JAWS 11 so that you can select
and copy text only from E-mail messages. They have included that option for
Internet Explorer since JAWS 9, but it is now available for Outlook Express as
well.

    To choose this option, open an E-mail message and press Insert v for the
Verbosity TreeView. Then, cursor down to Virtual Cursor Options; Cursor down
one more time to the first option in this list and press the SpaceBar until you
hear, "Select and Copy from Virtual Cursor." Then, Tab to Execute and press the
SpaceBar; finally, Tab to Close and press the SpaceBar. That should do it and
it will be that way from now on.

    Hope this helps,

    Don