Re: Jaws saying unchecked

  • From: "Dale Leavens" <dleavens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 15:07:32 -0400

I give!

You win!

And it is true there is a verbosity setting which adjusts the way Jaws reads and inserts pauses in the verbosity menu which is referred to as verbosity mode.

JAWS-uparrow though remains the method to say line in case the original questioner still cares.

and while on the original topic, the problem of Jaws not reading check boxes consistently and correctly has been around for several versions. There may be a pattern but I have not detected it. Here it happens in msconfig which is a Windows application and in the control panel and it happens on some but not all Web sites. Usually the say line command invoked by Jaws-uparrow will read the correct state of the checkbox or arrowing off and back on to the particular item will announce the correct state of it. Occasionally though the state is always announced as unchecked however one tries to read it though in my opinion it is improved in Jaws 7 over previous versions. Having never counted though I cannot be certain.

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada DLeavens@xxxxxxx Skype DaleLeavens Come and meet Aurora, Nakita and Nanook at our polar bear habitat.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>