Re: Jaws repair

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 17:12:55 -0600

Hi. you find the file wherever you last downloaded it to your computeer. so just as you say, find your instalation file and it'll recognize that JAWS is already installed. you get a choice of modify, repair or remove. just choose repair and let it do it's thing. after you reboot you should be back to factory defaults.

At 05:05 PM 2/27/2007, you wrote:
Hi,
My spell checker is behaving very crazily with Jaws while I'm working in
Word using Jaws 8, and I think what I ought to do is run a Jaws repair. I've
already refreshed the screen, as well as exited and then relaunched Jaws.

But I've forgotten how the Jaws repair is done in Jaws 8. I know it's not in
the Tools submenu under Jaws 8 on the start menu, as it was with earlier
versions, but I forget how you do it. You find the install file somewhere,
make as if you're going to install Jaws, but choose the repair function
instead. Something like that. But where do you look for that file?

Thanks.

http://www.eset.com