Re: Jaws not speacking

  • From: "Tom Reid" <Tom.Reid2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 11:43:45 -0000

Hi Sharon,

If this is a one-off, you might just have to accept sods law.

Jaws is running, so sounds like something to do with the sound card.

If it happens again, see if anybody sighted can see any error messages on
the screen. You can also try pressing the windows key, the one between the
control key and the alt key plus the letter U. This will start narrator,
that's a microsoft simple screen reader. If that starts, it sometimes kicks
jaws into action and it will at least tell you whether your system can get
any sound.

Also, see if there is a pattern to this, for instance, is it always the same
prog that causes it.

Tom