re: Jaws lock ups

  • From: "Blake Sinnett" <frequency660@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:31:51 -0600

You could always change the configuration of the JFWService. Upon failure, restart this service.

From: Shan.Noyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Reply-To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: re: Jaws lock ups Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:56:32 -0600

Hi:

Just finished reading the thread about the Jaws 7.0 lock ups that a
several folks have been experiencing.  I experience the same things.

One thing that I've done to try and avoid having to reboot all the time
because on a lock up it seems that one can not unload jaws I created a
short cut on my desktop and the command that i run in the shortcut is:
kill -f jfw.exe

then i set up the shortcut to be started with a key combination say: alt,
control, k
and this seems to kill jaws in its whole and then when i relaunch it it
starts up properly.

Yes, I also agree it seems that the lock up problems are a lot worse in
version 7 as compared to 5.

I'm running windows xp, however, my company only have sp1 on the operating
system have not pushed out sp2 yet.

anyways hope this info helps.  at least it cuts down on the reboot issue.

any other thoughts or tricks out there with these lock ups..

Shan Noyes S.C.S.A 7, S.C.S.A 8, GGSC-0200, GHTQ, GSIP Technical Analyst - Corporate Security SaskTel Phone: 306-777-4830, Cell: 306-533-1440