Re: Jaws in the system tray

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 18:20:15 -0700

Hello Richard,
You didn't address me, nor did you leave the message to which you were
responding in your reply. But I'll give it a try. You want to know if there
are any advantages to having Jaws run in the system tray? The main one, so
far as I'm aware, is that although you can access its interface (the "Jaws
window") anytime by pressing Insert J,and of course you can access the
Configuration Manager through several types of keystrokes anytime, the Jaws
interface stays out of the way and doesn't appear as an open application, so
that when you're running, say, Outlook Express, Internet Explorer, and
working on a document in Word, and cycle around the task bar using Alt Tab
to go from one to the other, you don't have to encounter the Jaws window
along the way as if it were another open application. Which, in a sense, it
isn't, the way we use it. That's the main advantage, and I suppose other
people know of some other good reasons, also, but I don't.