RE: Jaws in a call center environment

  • From: "Rose Combs" <rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 19:40:41 -0700

Well, I am not doing call-center but medical transcription and it appears
the problems that make Jaws totally inoperable in Spheris Vianeta Clarity
are the fault of the program.  The attitude of the company is I am one
person and they serve thousands so what.  Now my employer wants to keep me
so they are trying to Gerri rig something that will work so I can continue
to do the job but, my manager has little clue what she is really doing, they
won't let me get involved.  Today we were told Winamp will help with the
voice files, but, I need the ability to use a foot pedal to stop, start and
rewind the files as they are transcribed--I have that part for them,
Bytescribe, but, it looks like I will lose all the templates they have for
doctors, all the word expanders that I have used for years and we don't know
for sure how anything is going to work.  All I hear which supposedly comes
directly from Spheris is "we are working on it."  I asked the director and
my manager what I should put in a résumé after working in the same job at
the same place for 30 years and they were horrified that I would even
consider that option.  Well they should be since I am a high producer of
quality work.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx