Re: Jaws in a call center environment

  • From: James Homuth <james@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 22:30:31 -0400

I do use JFW in a call center environment, and actually quite easily for the most part. I've chosen to respond on the list as it might be beneficial for more than one person. Currently, I use JFW 7.10, and know someone in our Edmonton office using 8.0. We use a bunch of custom applications, most of which JAWS likes fairly well--a lot of them are HTML based, so JAWS inherently has no difficulty with those ones. There are a couple that require workarounds, but between the two of us and our support staff it's not been too difficult to implement. It all depends on the call center and how willing they are to accomodate your needs. How well JAWS works with this or that application is of little consequence if the employer in question isn't willing to make the few minor adjustments that may be required.

James,
List Admin
At 07:54 PM 5/1/2007, you wrote:
Hello,

A while ago someone had posted this topic on this list. My question is does anyone work in a call center environment and use Jaws and if so with what software? Please answer off list to: <mailto:MeLady717@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>MeLady717@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with Jaws and call center in the subject line.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lil