Re: Jaws guide for Windows Media Player 11

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 10:36:26 +0100 (BST)

Hi Randy,

WMP 11 can initially appear confusing if you're used
to WMP 10. In particular, in WMP 11 the details pane
(primary list view) is not set in the details view by
default, which messes up the keyboard navigation of
this list. However, once you've changed this, as
described in the guide, things become more familiar.

There are pros and cons between the two versions, but
advantages of wmp 11 include easier creation of
playlists, and a powerful search facility, which is
useful if you've got a large library. But the browsing
using the Library tree is slightly more restricted.

David Bailes.