Re: Jaws guide for Windows Media Player 11

  • From: "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 18:28:03 -0400

system. You don't say whether it's connected to a
serious audio system, or
if you just use the computer like a sort of boom box?
This is stuff I'm

** I have a reasonable speaker system but I've taken
to using Wireless headsets and a Blue Tooth keyboard
such that I can listen/work throughout my home as I do
various tasks.  I find this particularly useful for
listening to tutorials as well as enjoying my music.

Anyway, I hope you post whatever you discover about
whether or not to
upgrade, so I'll know more about all this.

**  I try to share as appropriate but there is no
substitute  for folks making their own research so the
learning and decisions best match their individual
situations.

**  As for the choice to include your portion of the
reply above, I snipped it to be efficient but wished
to ensure the list had a reference for the reply since
the topic has various questions.  There's many forms
of quoted reply and many varied opinions.  I hope I
snipped enough to trouble you less and still retain
the clarity I prefer.

****  the remainder of this reply pertains to off
topic aspects ***

heard, but don't I remember that it's a Dylan tune,
actually? Maybe it's on
one of the basement tape collections? Always liked
that song. What's this
Jeb and PB thing?

** Dylan did originate the tune on the basement tapes
and roughly 50 other folks did versions including the
Manford Mann hit you recall.  Quinn is my Guide from
Guiding Eyes for the Blind and he was raised in the
Puppies Behind Bars Program which explains  both GEB
and PBB.  Fame?  Well I sure can wish that he's gonna
live forever... ;-)

Randy
& the Mighty Quinn of GEB and PBB fame

Also, is it at all possible for you to fix your email
program so that your
own new message can appear first, above the one to
which you're responding?
It's a bit of a hassle having to arrow down through my
own quoted message
and headers and stuff to finally find what it is
you've written.

Thanks.

From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
But that's me, and I'm really not skilled with this
stuff. What about you?
How come you wouldn't just switch to WMP 11 in order
to learn  more skills
using this guide? Because you've heard it's awful, or
because you have some
kinds of settings that involved a lot of time and
labor to make, and they
won't transfer to the upgrade? Or..?

Good questions and I'm certainly very interested on
the topic.  I upgraded several months  previously and
found the new version scrambled  my Library and was
generally harder for me to use.  I didn't invest a lot
of time because the upgrade was actually an
inadvertent  upgrade which after a limitted amount of
exploration was one I rolled back.  There are several
things I'd like to add to my abilities with WMP 10 but
having not seen anything sufficiently enticing about
WMP 11 I stayed with the comfort and function I had
with WMP 10.

Now I've toured the guide in a very limitted fashion
and while I find it has promise I want to study it a
bit further before I decide whether or not I might
upgrade again.  Presently what I most want is enhanced
library manipulation skills for my reasonably large
collection of CDs now entirely stored on the computer.

Randy
& the Mighty Quinn of GEB and PBB fame

the subject line.
Archives located at:
//www.freelists.org/archives/jfw

If you have any concerns about the list, post received
from the list, or the
way the list is being run, do not post them to the
list. Rather contact the

Release Date: 5/8/2007 2:23
PM

in the subject line.
Archives located at:
//www.freelists.org/archives/jfw

If you have any concerns about the list, post received
from the list, or the way the list is being run, do
not post them to the list. Rather contact the list
owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx