Re: Jaws guide for IE7

  • From: "Cher Bosch" <Cher.Bosch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 08:39:11 -0600

I've recently had a student with JAWS7.1 working with IE7.  We found that
basically none of the new keystrokes for IE7 would work with JAWS7.1.  I
reproduced this result on my own computer after loading JAWS7.1.  I phoned FS
tech support remembering that JAWS7.1 was said to support IE7.  I was told that
7.1 works not at all well, and that JAWS8 is needed for some level of
compatibility.  Specifically, we could not open the search combo box to add
other search providers, and none of the tab navigation keystrokes work. I can't
remember if we tried using feeds.  We installed IE7 based on the FS statement
that 7.1 supported it, but based on our experiences, I would not say so or
install IE7 again if the user only has JAWS7s.1.  I'd be interested in hearing
from others on their experiences while using these two versions together.

Cher

>>> David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx> 1/31/2008 10:16 AM >>>
I've recently written a Jaws guide for Internet
Explorer 7, which is available at:
http://vip.chowo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/jaws/Internet-Explorer-7-Guide.html

As always, any comments or suggestions for
improvements would be welcome,

David Bailes.