Re: Jaws for Macintosh computers?

  • From: "Dave Durber" <d.durber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 20:08:03 -0500

When my friend, who is sighted, turned on his new MAC computer, he was
prompted as to whether he wanted to continue setting up the computer using
speech.

Obviously, having vision, he chose not to do so.

That is something that Microsoft has never done, with any of its Windows
operating systems.  That is, to provide an accessible means of installing
Windows, using the standard installation procedure that individuals with
"normal" vision use.

sincerely:

Dave Durber