Re: Jaws for Macintosh computers?

  • From: JEFFREY SHOCKLEY <jawswizard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 17:54:27 -0500

Hi,
Nope, Macs use VoiceOver, an entirely different screen reader.
See
http://www.apple.com/accessibility
for more info.
HTH,
Jeffrey
On Nov 1, 2009, at 10:03 PM, tom behler wrote:

Ok, guys, it's time to tap into your wisdom again.

I am attending a work-related conference, and someone just asked me if there
is a Jaws program, or equivalent, for Macintosh computers?

I told them that I didn't think so, but I suspect someone on here would know
for sure.

The person who asked me has a relative who is a Mac user, and is loosing his/her sight, so is starting to wonder about speech screen reading software
that might be useful.

I'm at this conference for the next ffew days, so if anyone has any info,
I'll be able to pass it along to the person asking the question.

Thanks as always!

Tom Behler in Colorado