Re: Jaws for Macintosh computers?

  • From: Pat Byrne <k9jau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 22:35:17 -0500

Tom,
At least the newer MACKs come with speech right out of the box. Fooled around with one a month ago and it is pretty impressive. I bgelieve that most or all of the apps. are accessible and if a person isn't invested in JFW and PCs, Apple could be a good way to go.
Pat ByrneAt 10:03 PM 11/1/2009, you wrote:
Ok, guys, it's time to tap into your wisdom again.

I am attending a work-related conference, and someone just asked me if there
is a Jaws program, or equivalent, for Macintosh computers?

I told them that I didn't think so, but I suspect someone on here would know
for sure.

The person who asked me has a relative who is a Mac user, and is loosing
his/her sight, so is starting to wonder about speech screen reading software
that might be useful.

I'm at this conference for the next ffew days, so if anyone has any info,
I'll be able to pass it along to the person asking the question.

Thanks as always!

Tom Behler in Colorado