Re: Jaws for Iraq veterans!

  • From: "Keith" <keithheltsley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 22:49:40 -0600

You can put me down as a blind mentor if you like.

You may find that today's generation of military people already know quite a
bit about using a computer, it's just a matter of doing keyboard navigation
for Windows. Also learning a few helpful Jaws commands.

I also learned by using the basic training tapes and recently reviewed the
set of audio files now included in JFW versions. I still found them very
useful. Everyone learns at their own pace though and what works for me might
be less than desireable for others.

I am a vet but haven't been to the computer training at any of the centers.
My brother just finished a course in down state Illinois that works with the
VA office out of St. Louis, MO so I am a little familiar with what the
program is like. If I can help out, just keep me posted on what I can do.

from
Keith Heltsley
217 523 4610
keithheltsley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx