Jaws focus problems with I.E. and Napster

  • From: "Norma A. Boge" <naboge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 19:58:54 -0500

Hi listers,

I am running Jaws 5.00.844 on an XP home machine.  in I.E. 6, if I am
reading through a web page, stop, go out of the window to another program
then come back to the web page, I am often not returned to the place where
I left off on the page.  It has always been my impression that the systems
cursor would stay where it was on the page, despite leaving the application
window and returning to it.  Also, I have a focus issue with Napster.  If I
am arrowing through a list of results and leave the window, when I return I
am placed in the first combo box of the search form.  In order to get back
to the results list, I need to turn the Jaws cursor on and find a result
then route the system cursor to the Jaws cursor.  I have double checked all
my settings for Jaws to run with XP and all are as they should be.
Any help with these issues would be most appreciated.

Regards,
Norma