Re: Jaws failing at start up

  • From: Chris Smart <chris_s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 13:46:07 -0400

Hmm, I'm not sure if this is related exactly, but I was having a problem recently where Jaws 10 was looking in the wrong place for application settings. The only way I could get it to revert back to the correct path under \documents and settings\my name\application data etc. was to turn off the "start jaws automatically" feature and just bring it up with control+alt+j once the computer has booted.

Is it possible that starting Jaws automatically may load it a tiny bit too early, before the rest of the Windows XP bootup has had time to settle down?

Chris

Alternative archives located at: