Re: Jaws cannot read in MS Word

  • From: Louis Lucero <lclucero@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 05:59:35 -0700

Margaret,
Thanks and I will try that....
Louis

At 07:30 AM 6/28/2005, you wrote:
Louis,

    I'm running Word 2000 and not 2003, so I don't know if this
applies to version 2003, but the office plug in in Norton has been
identified with focus problems in Word 2000 and it has been
recommended that the Norton office plug in be disabled.

    Here are some instructions from 2004 which were the latest I could
find in my saved posts.  It might be worth a try if you are running
Norton.

Run Norton and tab and enter on the options button.
If you are using Norton 2003 or 2004, you can tab to the word
miscellaneous
and press the space bar.
If you are using Norton 2002, you will need to use your jaws cursor
and find
the word miscellaneous and left click on it.
Then tab to enable office plug in and uncheck it with the space bar.
Tab and enter on okay.

    Anyway, hopefully the instructions will at least get you started.

Margaret

"Louis Lucero" wrote:

Hi List, I am using XP Home, Jaws 6.1 and MS Word 2003 and when using the down arrow in a document Jaws just says "blank line". But my kids say there is something on the screen. I do have the view set to normal and 75%. It also reads during a say all. But again not when moving around the screen with the arrow keys. Any ideas?

Much thanks,

Louis

"Luck is a product of hard work."
Louis A. Lucero