Re: Jaws and system tray

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 08:47:34 -0700

Hi guys,
I'd just like to mention that the instruction to set the Task Bar to stay on
top is just one of a whole list of Windows settings Freedom Scientific
recommends for using with Jaws, and I think that every Jaws user should find
that list and just make all those settings. It's been so long since the last
time I looked at that stuff that I can't remember where the instructions
are, but I'm pretty sure they're in more than one place. I confess that, in
hopes of providing directions to this list of things you're supposed to set
in Windows to make Jaws work properly, I've just left this message half
written and poked around both Jaws Help and the Jaws headquarters section of
the Freedom Scientific site, and I can't find any reference to this list.
But I swear there is such a thing, and it isn't some really esoteric, secret
tweak idea or anything. I'll bet someone on this list who's a little more
methodical about things than I am, which is a lot of you,  know where to
find this list of instructions and would post how to find it. Which I think
would be a good idea if a question like this has come up and no one has
mentioned that such a list exists. In fact, there ought to be a permanent
link to it in the extensive list of Jaws resources that comprise the
listserv sig at the end of every message here. IMHO, of course. :-)
otherwise extremely ----- Original MeFrom: "Delaunay Christophe"
<christophe.delaunay@xxxxxxxxxxx>