Re: Jaws and Word 2007

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 08:46:27 -0800

William,

on my current novel-- how do you focus Jaws on the bar where the word count
takes place?  And secondly, how do you change line lengths?  Are there any
scripts for JFW and Word 2007?  Any information, as well as simple ...

Correct from another lister that f6 cycles.

Go to www.freedomscientific.com/training

and start reading everything you can about Office 2007 and how to use JAWS.
I suffered for several weeks before I started to "get it". Now I only suffer
a couple times a day when I try to find something that used to be very
familiar. Time heals all, so I've heard.

If you can remember some of your more common alt keystrokes to open menus
and dialogs, most of them will still work, but you won't get any interim
speech feedback of where you are until you complete the sequence. For
example:

You want to convert some text collection into a table. In the old Office
2003 that could have been Alt+a and speech will say "data menu"then the
letter v and speech would say "convert table to text b", then the letter x
and you're in the dialog to convert text to a table.

In the new 2007 world, you press Alt+a and then v and x but you'll hear
nothing until you get into the dialog, so you have to go on blind faith, so
to speak. Hope your memory is good, because it will help a lot in the
beginning.

It will also help if you have at least JAWS 9 installed.

Dave