RE: Jaws and Microsoft word xp

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 09:30:12 -0400

Normal view was developed to save processor time; that is, Word doesn't =
spend a lot of time trying to format the screen so that it will look =
just like the printed page.  One of the ways it does this is to =
"uncolumnize" columns; that is, it takes text that would normally appear =
in columns, when the columns feature is used, and lets it flow like =
ordinary document text all the way across the page.

If someone has used the tables ffeature to make their columns, or tabs, =
or any other way, it unfortunately does not handle these situations.

Hth,

Chip

=20