Re: Jaws and Microsoft Works

  • From: "William L. Houts" <cadexi@xxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 13:40:10 -0800

Hi,

I've found that using Jaws 11 with Worx is manageable,if inconsistent.  It will
read large swaths of text when you arrow down through them and then just blank
out.  If you put the cursor where Jaws has stopped echoing, backspace and then
arrow right again, Jaws will read some more but it's not certain how much.
Sometimes it will then function for a long time, and sometimes you have to do
the backspace dance over and over again in the course of a single paragraph.

I'm doing some work at my mother's, whose copy of Word 2007 is corrupted, so
I'm having to use Worx.  It's better than being dead in the water and if
nothing else you can save the worx document --as an RTF or whatever else is
available under Worx--  then copy and paste into a doc file when you have
access to Word.

--Bill