Jaws and Microsoft Visual Studio

  • From: "William L. Houts" <cadexi@xxxxx>
  • To: <blindprogramming@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 14:25:02 -0800

Hello Listers,

I have just joined this group and am hoping someone here can help me. I'm trying to decide whether to learn C++ or C# for the purpose of programming accessible games. So my first question is which language would be better suited to that purpose. My second question is the basic sort of accessibility question which I understand is the main purpose of this group. I am currently runningJaws 9 on a Windows XP Home system. I have downloaded Microsoft Visual Studio with the intention of exploring both languages. But when I try to run either of them, I get the scary bonk noise and an error box telling me that i need to download a file called vs.net from the Freedom Scientific site. I've done that and run the setup file. Everything seemed to go smoothly, but when I tried once again to launch VS, I got the same bonk and error message. Does anyone here have a notion as to what I might do to get Jaws to talk to VS the way it's supposed to? Also, I will be upgrading to a 64 bit Windows 7 system with Jaws 11 in a few weeks and would like to know if I can runVS on that.

If neitiher of these are possible, I would like to know if there are other accessible implementations of either C# or C++. I haven'tgotten far with either, so what I decide to pursue will be based more or less entirely on what I can get at with Jaws.

Thanks,

--Bill

----

"Do one thing for me, Sredni Vashtar!"