Re: Jaws and IBM Notebooks?

  • From: "Dale Leavens" <dleavens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 21:50:19 -0500

Thanks Dave,

Thing is that I am just too stupid to change from one sort to another of
access. I have trouble moving back and forth between Jaws and Vert for DOS
when I have to and from typing to brailler. I use this access technology to
perform other functions only some of which involve computing and it
continuously frustrates me how much time, energy and learning and practice
is required to acquire, maintain and preserve the skills to be competent in
those ancillary functions of daily living.

Hopefully not straying too far off topic but imagine if they built
automobiles with the transmissions relocating gears or airplanes with
different functions on the stick or calculator layout buttons on cellular
mobile telephones. Someone would holler very loudly!

I think for my purposes, as close to one single interface as I can achieve
is likely to offer me the most seamless and efficient access.

As for the thin client, I don't wish to enter into a discussion on that
either. I do have other solutions for now, just want to time my purchase of
upgrades efficiently if possible. Sounds like this is not quite the time.
Now that we have VOIP telephone service over our network though I expect we
will be seeing more of these applications due to the additional load on the
network.

Again thanks and regrets to Bruce if I have strayed too close to the
boundaries of list admissibility.

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario
dleavens@xxxxxxx
     Home of the Polar Bear Express!