Re: Jaws and HP Support Assistant

  • From: Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 21:51:38 -0800

I have the same program on my laptop and have no idea what it's
supposed to do.  However that's not so bad, my experience from when I
could see was that such programs (software written by the hardware
vendor and ostensibly customized to the particular model) tends to be
pretty much useless.  They tend to put a crappy UI on stuff that is
already handled perfectly fine through control panel without actually
adding anything new.

On 4/17/10, Geoff Connor <gjconnor@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all. I'm not sure if anyone can help me with this, but here it goes. Back
> in January, I purchased an HP laptop computer and I'm using it with Jaws 11.
> On my computer, there is a program called HP Support Assistant. I'm having a
> terrible time figuring out how to use the program. When I open the program,
> I mostly find buttons and links that aren't labeled. But maybe I'm doing
> something wrong. If anyone is currently using, or has used this program,
> could you please explain to me how to use the program and change the
> settings. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> JFW related links:
> Alternative archives located at: