Re: Jaws and AVG8

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 09:28:36 -0700

Reading the note from AVG, I can only surmise that their engineers don't
know what Jaws is, actually. Otherwise it wouldn't occur to them to politely
recommend uninstalling it. Personally, I'm not using that version of the
program and don't have any "issues" with AVG. But maybe it would be a good
idea for someone to explain to them what Jaws is, and how a considerable
blind customer base is out there for their product, and sending them a link
to the Freedom Scientific site. That would be helpful for raising their
consciousness about screen reader technology and blind computer users, none
of which they may be familiar with.

Just a thought.