Re: Jaws & Word 2002 repost

  • From: "ashish" <ashish_rohtagi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:19:09 +0530

have you configured the word as suggested bellow  Configure the menus and
toolbars of Word XP:
List of 5 items
 Open the tools menu and press ENTER on "customize"
 press ALT-O to access the 'options" property sheet.
 The first option will be "Show standard and formatting toolbars on two
rows" This option should be checked.
 Press TAB to access the checkbox labeled: "always show full menus." This
checkbox should be checked.
 press ENTER
list end

Disable the autocorrect options button and the automatic bulleting and
numbering
List of 7 items
 Open the tools menu and press ENTER on "autocorrect"
 TAB to the checkbox labeled "Show autocorrect options button" and uncheck
the checkbox.
 Press CTRL-TAB to access the "autoformat as you type" property sheet
 If you are a Window-Eyes users, use the down arrow one time and uncheck
the '"straight quotes" with "smart quotes"' option.
 Use the down arrow until you locate "automatic bulleted lists." This
optioin should be unchecked.
 Use the down arrow until you locate "automatic numbered lists." This
option should be unchecked.
 press ENTER
list end

Configure the View
List of 4 items
 Open the view menu
 Make sure "normal" is checked
 Make sure "ruler" is checked.
 In the toolbars sub menu, make sure only "standard" and "formatting" are
checked.
list end

Disable the task pane from opening on startup
List of 3 items
 Open the tools menu
 press ENTER on options
 The first checkbox is labeled "startup task pane" uncheck this option.
list end, if yes you can access the toolbar, press alt then press control
tab you will be in tool bars,