Re: Jaws & Windows Explorer

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 10:26:58 -0800

Jaws & Windows ExplorerP.S.

there's also a choose Details item on the View menu, where you can specify
which details you want to be displayed when you've set the view to Details.
The fewer details you choose to show, the more chance there is that they won't
run off the screen and become invisible.  But of course, some or even most
users want enough details so that, if the filename is particularly long, for
instance, they just won't be able to read to the end of the line.  That's why I
try to keep my filenames fairly short.  Not as short as the old DOS standard of
eight characters, but still, not too long.  Sometimes I even experiment, to see
if shortening a filename a little more in one way or another, might allow the
end of the line to be read.