Re: Jaws Telling How Big A File Or Folder Is

  • From: "dave-d0619" <dave-d0619@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 12:10:18 -0400

This is a Windows function.

1.  Highlight the folder(s) or file(s) on which you want the information.

2.  Press ALT+ENTER to open the properties dialog box for the folder(s) or
files(s) that you highlighted.

3.  Route the JAWS cursor to the PC cursor with the key combination ALT+NUM PAD
PLUS.

4.  Press the NUM PAD UP ARROW until you hear the information that you want.

5.  When you have heard the information, press the PC cursor.

6.  Press the ESCAPE key to close the Properties dialog box.

If you want to know the information about a drive on your computer:

7.  Highlight the drive on which you want the information.

8.  Press ALT+ENTER to open the properties dialog box for the drive that is
highlighted.

9.  Route the JAWS cursor to the PC cursor.

10.  Press the NUM PAD DOWN ARROW to hear the information about the drive line
by line.

11.  When you have heard the information, press the PC cursor.

12.  Press the ESCAPE key to close the properties dialog box.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely:

 Dave Durber