Re: Jaws Speed

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 13:50:27 -0800

Andy,

The settings in the Jaws menus under Voices are for establishing the
*default* speech rate of Jaws, either for each Eloquence voice separately or
for all at once (the Global setting). This has no relation to either Page Up
and Page Down when Jaws is in the midst of speaking in Say All mode, nor
with Control Alt Page Up and control Alt Page up and page Down  when it
isn't speaking.

So I'm sorry. There's something the matter, apparently, with your copy of
Jaws. A few questions:

First,what version of Jaws is it you're having this problem with?
Second, did this stuff work all right when you first installed the program,
and later go bad? Or has it not worked the whole time?
Third, and this is not too original, but have you run the Jaws Repair
procedure just to see if that might fix everything? It might not, but it's
always worth a try before going any further.