Jaws Speech and Sounds manager

  • From: "Melanie Clouser" <MC319@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 21:51:15 -0500

I'm trying to assign a sound or any other feature to certain names listed in
a table.  It's not working like I need it to behave.  Your help is needed.
Here's what I've got...

Using MS Word, I've created a table with 5 columns and 45 rows.  All cells
are filled with text.  The first of the columns contain the names of my
clients.  23 of those names are colored red.  The others are the usual MS
Word black.  The document's background is the usual MS Word color of white.
I want the names colored red to be spoken in a different voice, or together
with a sound.  I've opened up the Speech and Sounds Manager and tried
modifying my current skeme where I've got underlined text to be spoken in a
different voice.  That one works.  I thought that I could just add this new
feature to my existing skeme.  But it's not working properly.  When I added
the sound, I only heard the sound one time ... and don't ask me what I was
doing to get that done.  I deleted that feature and went, instead, to having
the red text spoken in a different voice.  Tha'works but only if I first
move to the second column and then back to the first one.  I want it set so
that the text is spoken in that voice when i arrow through the first column
... either up or down.  What am I doing wrong?  Can anyone help.  I'd like
to have this working by Monday morning.

Melanie