Re: Jaws OE attachment

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 20:19:06 -0700

it's not that unusual.  Many of the emails I get announce that they have
attachments, when they don't, and it stopped being puzzling a long time ago.
I just check with insert A if I suspect there may really be a file
attachment.  Someone on another list explained once how it is that Windows
(not Jaws; Jaws is just reading what it sees, in this case a symbol
indicating the presence of a file attachment)gets fooled like that, but I
forgot the explanation.

Anyway, I don't think it's a Jaws issue, so to speak.  Please someone
correct me if I'm wrong.  But I think Windows itself is actually displaying
a symbol that indicates the presence of an attachment.  Why, I don't know.