Re: Jaws OE Keystroke for direct reply to sender

  • From: "Robert Hebert" <roberthebert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 11:44:57 -0700

Control plus "R" is not necessarily the keystroke to reply to sender.
It could be but here is the issue:
When reading mail on a list serve such as this one, control plus "R" will not
reply directly to sender but will in fact reply to the list in general.
Reason: In this case, the message was sent via the list serve so the list serve
becomes the sender to your mailbox.
Replying Directly To Sender:
Replying directly to sender means replying to the original sender of the
message to the list.
Control plus "R" would reply to everyone on this list but to reply to Robert
Hebert if using a Jaws version prior to 7.1 you would have had to have defined
a key sequence to reply directly to me, the origional sender.
Wow! I hope that is clear and not more confusing.