Re: Jaws OE Keystroke for direct reply to sender

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 22:54:32 -0400

As a JAWS 6.2 stick-in-the-mud and Outlook Express user, here's how I reply to the sender in a group. I press alt-t within the message to which I want to reply, arrow down to "Add" and click on the sender to add the information to my address book. Then I press control-f for "forward" and begin typing in that sender's name in the "To" field until the name turns up.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Hebert" <roberthebert@xxxxxxxxx>

Control plus "R" is not necessarily the keystroke to reply to sender.
It could be but here is the issue:
When reading mail on a list serve such as this one, control plus "R" will not reply directly to sender but will in fact reply to the list in general.
Reason: In this case, the message was sent via the list serve so the list serve becomes the sender to your mailbox.
Replying Directly To Sender:
Replying directly to sender means replying to the original sender of the message to the list.
Control plus "R" would reply to everyone on this list but to reply to Robert Hebert if using a Jaws version prior to 7.1 you would have had to have defined a key sequence to reply directly to me, the origional sender.
Wow! I hope that is clear and not more confusing.