Re: Jaws 9 something and Meebo?

  • From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 07:30:34 -0700

Kathy,

Sorry, but when I read about an application for which I have no experience,
then I usually don't respond. It sounds like a rather esoteric application
being used, and Freedom Scientific usually does not invest any resources to
generating special scripts for niche applications. They stick to trying to
improve (or repair bugs in) scripts for the more popular mainstream
applications.

I Googled Meebo and it sounds like it's compatible with several more popular
IM interfaces. Can you explore using Yahoo IM instead, which I think is more
accessible, to interface with your co-workers? Might need to have help from
your library IT department.

Here's a chunk from my search:

meebo, the web's instant messenger, lets you access IM from absolutely
anywhere. meebo supports msn, yahoo, aol/aim, google talk (gtalk), jabber
and icq.

And here's a link to their support site. Have you tried sending them a
message inquiring about accessibility?

http://www.meebo.com/support/

Dave