Jaws 9

  • From: "graham smith" <g.smith577@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 11:56:31 -0400

XP Pro and IE 7

When on pages I find Jaws 9 jumping around to much. Difficult to explain but it
gives information that is not needed before telling you where it is.  It is as
if it is saying all the things it is passing before it gets to where it should
be.  Also on arrival at new pages there seems to be an awful lot of repeating
of headings etc. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this.  Jaws 8 is far
more stable on these pages that I am using, the focus is the only thing being
read wheras with Jaws 9 it seems to be giving other unwanted information that
is on the page.  I am using place markers to jump to the links I need,
alternating between two links, with jaws 8 I just get the link information of
both links but with jaws 9 i get other text announced to me which I know is on
the page before it settles on the desired link.

Regards

Graham