Jaws 8 speaking "false" frames or links?

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 00:00:43 -0700

I've been Web surfing with Jaws for a couple of months, now, and I must not
have happened to go to certain kinds of Web sites until this evening. But on
several sites I've just been visiting, Jaws is speaking "false" or "false
frame" as I arrow down through navigational links. What does this mean?
Having heard Jaws say "frame" in addition to "false" a few times on one
site, I tried putting up the verbosity menu and turning off frame
announcements. But that didn't stop anything, unless I failed to notice that
it was no longer saying "frame", but in any case, it kept saying "false."

Anybody understand this? what's this supposed to mean? Anybody know how I
can disable it, if it's not of any use to me, just an annoyance?

Education, please.